Friday 6 August 2021

Update, tax lady from far away and COVID update

It has been busy and I am hoping that by next week I should be able to get back to editing my book. I finished sending off a box to Newfoundland of everything that was asked for and two followups of things. I feel that I have my own personal tax lady. Who knew? What have I learned from this experience so it may help you? Keep all receipts! We are transitioning from paper to the world of web. I did get almost everything I need, however there is some lag because some companies which I won’t identify failed to make some deductions of what I was charged. However, though I feel like I was offering free training, I understand that no one is perfect and if there is an effort, than I can be forgiving. Moving forward, I have to re-examine my options. My advice is that even though you are paying all your bills, transfer all proof of everything onto an USB. When the time comes download it for the tax lady or man. Also, keep in mind that sometimes they want the original so make sure you continue to keep those if you are lucky enough to get it. I asked how long I have to keep paperwork and was informed seven years so I will at leisure destroy the extra three years. Maybe I should have gotten that in writing? Hold that thought. I will have to look it up on line. Not that I don’t believe the tax lady, but I have been misinformed of things in the past and if it is not in writing, it does not count. Keep that in mind of wills. Regarding COVID, now that I have had my two doses of pfizer I am more relaxed when people come into my space. I don’t have to beat them away with a six foot pole. I do still only dine at outside patio’s with one exception. I even had my first visitor, also fully vaccinated for tea. We sat outside but again it was nice not to wear a mask which I feel difficult to wear so rarely go indoors for long when out. If you have not been vaccinated please really think about it and don’t listen to people who just have a vendetta. Research what is there from people who are the experts. I was watching a hospital physician from Alberta asking for help because their provincial government wanted to lift all preventions. It must have worked because there was an apology. I don’t know what goes on in that province. I watched a documentary where land owners were complaining their land was hopeless to sell because of the oil rigs leaving their garbage structures behind. It is such a pretty province. I saw Kelly the premiere over there on an American channel wanting oil to be back and strong. I am not even going to start on the environment. So, that is my brief and I am so looking forward to more socializing. I have another 100th birthday to attend. Isn’t that wonderful? Have a good weekend. Take care of yourself. What do you think? www.silvaredigonda.ca www.redigondapsychotherapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment