Thursday 12 August 2021

Another update - OMG

As you know for those of you who have been with me awhile there is something always going on which keeps me going in different directions. You also know that I am trying to have a balance and so I have been reducing my work loads. Why not? I am now managing to edit the first draft of my next book and of course I am always interrupted. But, it is getting better. I even managed to go to the library yesterday. I have always loved being in libraries, surrounded by books. Because of COVID I found myself all alone in the library with a few scattered others. I could easily move in. I picked a Stephen King book and the only Dean Koontz I could find was the one I returned last week. “He’s popular.” The attendant told me, after initially telling me there were lots of his books. He too could not find any and believed they were all out. I was feeling pretty good about myself. I also went to confession, being a good Catholic and my penance was sitting in church, which was wonderful and peaceful, again all by myself. Now that I am fully vaccinated I shall be returning. I had missed it. I was feeling pretty good working only a few hours and having all the tax stuff completed and so when I got the mail and received notification of availability of jury duty, I quickly compiled all the reasons why I could not be on jury duty. Normally because of one of my previous occupations, I didn’t qualify for jury duty. It was determined that my perspective might be bias. However, they have changed the rules and now you need to be in the current career and being retired or a veteran doesn’t count. I have paid my dues to my country with service. Do I really need to be on jury duty? Please no. If it is virtual I can still feed my little family. But what if? I can’t even take a holiday, let alone my dream next career because I cannot leave for more than two nights. So, please no jury duty for now. How about when I retire? I’ll have lots of time for jury duty and any other duty my country still demands from me. For now, it is back to work and hopefully no more surprises. What else can happen? The tax lady, jury duty qualifications, and please no more! The good news is I have begun to socialize again. It is outdoors and since I am a very social person, I am so glad that I can get some visits in and entertaining. Please keep safe and consider getting the vaccine to protect yourself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment