Monday 4 May 2020

And how was your weekend?

I had an excellent weekend and my foot is still back there. I am quite apt at amusing myself. I awoke once with my pet, Mr attitude purring on my pillow beside my head. He had managed to take the entire pillow, while I had none, but the purring was nice to wake up to. I am pleased that my pets are so happy. As I mentioned last week I was to attend three webinars and almost missed one because it was on a Saturday evening but I remembered an hour before it started and am pleased that I did. My first webinar was about Health and Safety provided by York University. I think they have an excellent program. They sent me an email today with a web site for anyone friend or colleague who may be interested. I am going to post it here. If you are an employer, I would suggest that you send someone to complete the program. I find that many are at a loss of what to do when there are problems that arise. Health and Safety should be implemented at any work force but it is best when someone knows what they are doing. Here goes if you are interested. Actually, I just clicked on this and what it is, is the Patient Navigation of the Pandemic. I watched Part 1, which I felt was enough for myself. I am familiar with what was talked about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttog64BL_0A> You can also check out York University on utube or facebook and the Health and Safety talk should be out soon. The other webinar about couples and fun was not so fun to me. I would recommend looking back last year at my conference at Guelph. The psychologist there was researching the topic and I found that more satisfactory and enlightening. My last webinar was the Sisters of Crime which I am a member of. Usually when there is no pandemic, they meet once a week and, my bad, have never attended. Mainly it is because it is a day when I see clients and sometimes it runs into the evening. As you know I write for fun. I just don’t have the energy after a long day of work. I do have to try to incorporate that somehow because I did learn so much at this one. “How to be a Better writer” can also be found on line. It is free for the members of “Sisters in crime or of crime (men are included). There were about 450 listening and the Editor did provide good tips which I incorporated the next day by reading, Mary Higgins Clark Just Take My Heart. If you are not a member you can watch for a reasonable fee which I would recommend if you interested in writing a book. I also watched a movie somewhere that I would recommend especially to any instructor because it is about life and change and sadness and happiness etc……Have your students watch it and have a good discussion or have they analyze what they saw. “Finding Your Feet” is a British 2018 movie. If you watch it and have an opinion, why not share it? I don’t want to spoil it so I will reserve further comments. I only recognized two of the characters from previous movies. I found it entertaining and educational. So, that’s it for now. We had one beautiful day and that is where I spent it reading a book, on my patio, sipping coffee and practising what I had learned. I need to read my own books again sometime this summer, through different lens. Anyway, please take care of yourselves, maintain social distancing but keep in contact with others through media of some kind or the telephone. Have some sort of structure to separate your day. Be kind to yourself. One of my neighbours left me a wonderful treat and that was a highlight. Some gestures of kindness are so appreciated especially during these times. If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask for it. In the city, there are so many resources. If you live elsewhere why not start a support group. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment