Friday 29 November 2019

Frankenmuth, Michigan Happy Thanksgiving

This is my last week of holidays and it has been superb. Life is all about balance. I will continue with talks about Parkinson next week. I am in too much the holiday spirit. I spent some time in a Christmas town and I am certain to return. I didn't really feel like I was in the States, and I was thinking about that. I do love the States and grew up watching mainly American shows, though since, our own movies are more sophisticated, I watch them as well as a few British movies such as Fr Brown and Agatha Christie's shows. That is the limit of British. I was surprised of the amount of Canadians wanting to shop and aside from a few purchases at the Disney Store at the Michigan Outlet, I passed. Too much was made in China. I wanted to buy American and was disappointed when I brought my Disney Store items home and found that to be from China as well. The States has grown up stuff at Disney while Canada focuses on kids. Imagine that? The pocket calender I bought and will have as a keepsake is made in Korea, but it will remind me of the States with pictures of the National Parks. Is there anything made in Canada and the US anymore? We may suffer from this in the future. Let us not forget that China is a communist country with a sophisticated IA surveillance to monitor its people. I enjoy my freedom too much to buy freely from them. Have you ever tried to stop? I would like to travel throughout the States and Eastern Canada. There is so much to see and do. As you know I have commitments now which keep me grounded. I am not able to leave for too long, but there is travel in North American in the horizon. I do recommend going to Frankenmuth. I found myself up early at the Drury Hotel which is a pet friendly hotel. It met my needs. While having breakfast and listening to everyone talk about their dogs, I decided to speak out that I have two cats. Talk about total silence. One man was travelling with his four dogs. I felt like the only cat surrounded by dogs. It was rather amusing. It was nice walking through a town and at night the lights just sprinkle throughout the streets. Anyhow, I am now home, but fun is not over. I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. Next week I should be back to work. Talk then. Thank you so much for reading my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment