Monday 19 August 2019

Thoughts and update

I cannot believe that summer is coming to an end, especially since with humidity it will be in the thirties and my air conditioner will be running. I was reading one of my retirement associations periodicals and they were requesting information regarding personal experiences regarding the flu shot. I was rather disappointed because they have access to so much updated information by going directly to the sources who teach this. I thought back to my courses and remember studying this. I thought it would be in my blogs and so I read my titles and realized that I am not there yet. I also noticed that about five years ago I thanked my readers especially those from the States (my highest readers) for their dedication, etc…..and that I was stopping to blog. Obviously I didn’t. I got to see the titles of what I was writing about and it was rather a refresher. I have written so much for people to get info. They are merely tid bits but always useful information. I am rather very structured and to find all the technical information of how the flu shot works is not my mandate. I don’t know what the hysteria is all about. You are shot with dead viruses which the little armies in bodies respond to, and fight it. It is dead so it does not harm us, however, our armies will recognize it when it faces the real thing and then slam bang….It saves lives. Of course we don’t always know what new strains will be coming around so we will get sick by that. I am still writing about the new missal (RC theology) and my psych notes. I paused on both to write about the Guelph Conferences because I found it so interesting. In my first year of university, we were forced to take about four courses which I would not have taken because it had nothing to do with psychology. I thought it was a waste of time. It was not. I had to take a natural science, a social science and two others which I chose as (critical )writing with reason and critical thinking. The social science topic I selected was “man and masculinity” (the easiest course I have ever taken and rather fun. My humour would get me into trouble with the prof who didn’t share my sense of humour. He was an ex minister and divorced three times. I found that in itself amusing. My chuckling and laughter is what got me into trouble. However, I did like him and I think he did not mind me either, though I did anger him at times. The natural science was about health. All these subjects have only enhanced me as a therapist and a human being. Whenever I was exhausted about psychology, I would take a break and take an English course because that was my favourite subject. Hence, my love of reading and writing. It is my hobby because I certainly am not making money with that and if you are not making money, I am told it is a hobby. What can I say? I am not going to write back to the person who is asking hundreds of people I believe about the flu shot. I think that is too easy when you have all the resources you can go to. I would like to say go interview an expert and report what they say. However, that would sound condescending. So, I shall refrain from the obvious. Now back to us. Years later I am still blogging and getting all my notes in here and shedding them afterwards. The entire conference may not have anything to do with my profession, however, what I am learning effects people. And what effects people is something for me to take note. I have still to write update info regarding farmers and about coaching. I was going to skip that because I am counting my education hours and have to prepare for my submission to my college. I have to supply records of my education hours, topics and times, dates, people seen, what I call essays but they don’t etc……….It is not difficult but it is very tedious and time consuming. Do I wish I could avoid it? Of course. But the college is there to protect the public and the public does need to be protected. Now, hopefully slowly because nothing is rushed nowadays (that is what the politicians are saying about our daily shootings in Toronto area - it takes time, which is a start from the annoying “we are safer than………..) Enough about that. So I will continue with the last sessions of the conference and then move on to the next seminar, I attended which was about self care. I practise that with a passion. I have to also watch my web stuff which I find boring. I might as well live in Timbuktu (which is a real place, you know?) I prefer live with lots of interaction because I thrive among people. So enough about all this, I am just bringing you to date with the thoughts I have this morning. Don’t hesitate to ask me questions regarding psychotherapy. Thanks again for reading my blogs. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment