Friday 9 August 2019

Sunday at Indigo was successful. Long day ................busy times

I love book events and if you would like to invite me for a reading, or signing please don't hesitate. I consider this fun and meeting new people has always been interesting. Selling my books at Indigo, Yorkdale was fun as per usual but also very interesting, because it was a rather quiet venue. Probably the most quiet. I am usually where large groups gather such as the university or Word on the Street. This was rather a warm atmosphere. I was near a rack of towels which I noticed was a hit. I got to see some habits people have when choosing towels. People seemed very relaxed as it should be in a book store. I also noticed that each person who bought my book was equally male/female, and each represented a different culture, religion or spirituality. This is what I love about my city. We learn so much about each other in special moments. I often speak of leaving Toronto which I cannot right now due to commitments. Niagara Falls is my objective which is becoming more achievable. People there also flock from all over the world to view the magnificent falls. As a relative told me, Niagara has a small town atmosphere with a lot to do. Having a daily walk and viewing the falls while stopping at Tim’s for coffee is a retirement dream. However, after being on my third career, will I really ever retire? Probably not. Why? Because I actually love what I am doing. However, if I ever do retire from providing therapy, I will only have more time to write and so again retirement may work for some, but not for me. I have been more busy than usual this summer which is quickly coming to a close. The Toronto exhibition is coming to town and that marks the end of summer which kept me too much indoors. Global warming challenges me. I seem to not tolerate extreme weather. I am fortunate that I have air conditioning and realize that I need to be constantly aware of how the poor suffer. I am seeing more of it as well as an increase in crime. After the book selling and feel free to order one if you wish or download an e book (for a fee of course at www.silvaredigonda.com) I went to see a movie with a friend, “Once upon a Time in Holywood” It was not my movie choice but I believe in taking turns. I don’t like violence and found some portions a bit disturbing though the crowd cheered. I also didn’t know enough about the cinema past, to distinguish fact from fiction. The audience was an older crowd as well. We later went to Diary Queen and at midnight I was still there. I marvelled that I felt very safe out that late in the open, enjoying the lovely evening. With all the shootings in this city which is only getting worse, you just need to be in the wrong place that could be anywhere. Of course within the same place where I thought was very safe there were bullets flying within the same week. That is another reason for wanting to leave my beautiful city. It is not the same place where I grew up in. Today the Mayor and Premier will be talking about the violence and so I hope that something will actually be done. I have tired hearing from the Mayor and Chief of Police how we are the safest city among so many others. Accepting the new normal only prevents change, to get back to the real normal. Is Niagara better? Not according to people wanting me to stay here. However, we do have everything here and I am spoiled. I know it. I love it. So, that was one busy day of a busy week. My days are busy and my dreams are busy. I thought it would be nice to dream about sleeping. Now, it is time to slow down and to get back to balance. I actually love my life and where I am at in this time of it. So, if you are interested in my three books, I am an email or call away. Or, if you are interested in buying any, check out my web site. www.silvaredigonda.com www.redigondapsychotherapy.com How was your week? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment