Tuesday 30 July 2019

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM (tiresome) For Professionals and other services providers

The below is an email scam I received which is not uncommon. I know that therapists from other countries read my blog. This is something which first came to my attention about seven years ago. Someone contacts you. They claim to be a professional of some type, needing therapy because where they live it is a problem to find someone. They provide you with a bunch of dates and then they insist that they want to send you funds for that. Years ago they sent me a money order which I had informed them not to, since I do not take payment in advance. They actually sent funds exceeding the amount for the entire sessions. I found this all suspicious, brought it to the bank and they thought it was legitimate. I insisted it was suspicious and the person called a bank out West and guess what? They had this big ring of fraud. I was informed that if I had cashed the money order they would have had all my banking information. I guess these guys are not used to honest people. I wonder why? So, if you get something like this, please remember this blog. It is so unfortunate that fraud is becoming so common. I am all for policing the sites and protecting the public. Note below: "Greeting! I sincerely apologize for the delayed response, I have been very busy. Thank you for your response. I would have called you, but I will need to get a international calling card to do so, which is hard to find. I will make sure I explain what i need in details in this message. My name is xxxxxxxx, I am years old, i'm a Canadian living and working in Mexico. I have been working and living with my family in Mexico since 2012, I'm a xxxxxx, i won xxxxxxx contract in in Mexico in 2012. I always spend 3 months at home in Canada every year for our vacation, We will arrive in Canada on the 15 of September to 15th of December 2019. I would have loved to do the counseling here in Mexico, but language barrier is the problem. The 15 of September to 15th of December 2019 in Canada will give me opportunity to seek for the help i needed, I have been battling with xxxxxxxx for aboutxxxxxyears, I think it's the right time to seek for a professional help. I need 10 appointment sessions. Like i said above that, i will be in Canada between 15 of September to 15th of December, that will be 13 weeks, i will suggest the following schedule for 10 appointment sessions with you; Week 1: 2 sessions (Please select 2 days and time you like for this week) Week 2: 2 sessions (Please select 2 days and time you like for this week) Week 3: 2 sessions (Please select 2 days and time you like for this week) Week 4: 2 sessions (Please select 2 days and time you like for this week) Week 5: 2 sessions (Please select 2 days and time you like for this week) Two session per week is fine with me, but we can do one session per week if that's what you prefer/recommend. This is just my suggested schedule, you can choose other weeks out of the 13 weeks to complete my 10 sessions, if you can't complete my 10 sessions within the first 5 weeks. You can start my appointments at any week you prefer within the 13 weeks, just go ahead and spread the appointments as your schedule permits within the 13 weeks and let me know. My schedule will be totally flexible when we arrive in Canada, so any time of the day or evening you choose will be comfortable for me. I just looked up your location, your location is about 6 miles away from our residence, so coming for my appointment on time will be very convenient for me. Please, it is Very Important for me to know the total cost of 10 appointment sessions Including any other extra fee that may be included. Send me the schedule you prefer and the Total cost for 10 appointment? Thank you very much."

No comments:

Post a Comment