Monday 9 May 2016

Did you have a nice day yesterday for mom's day? Who cares if you are not a mom - take the day! update and free therapy for 5 singles, couples or families from Fort Mcmurry in Toronto!

Yesterday mom’s day, I read, listened to music, watched some tv, sang, and spent time with what is very important in my life. Today is mostly a free day except for domestic chores, some paperwork, scheduling and then it is play time. Balance is such an important part of life. How balanced is your life? Think about it. I listened to quite a few speakers last week, from a motivational speaker about self care for care givers, where I picked up some pointers because I heard it before and now am going to implement it in my practice, to the public service retirees which I will not bore you with, to a Marian Day where there was prayer, and listening to some big pointers about forgiveness and mercy, addiction and also about a Satanist who was a wizard which is at the very top of their reign. He spoke of how he had broken every commandment including murder and listening to him was somewhat disturbing for me. I am quite aware of how much evil there is and like to take a break from it every once in a while. I will be talking about each topic for you in my weekly blogs but will not give too many details about the Satanic horror, because I do not think it is good to hear for many of you. However, this man escaped and later became a Catholic. It has been a very interesting week. I also realized that I spelled Toronto wrong on Therapist Locator and therefore did not see my name on the list for Toronto Therapists under AAMFT. So, if any of you ever notice that I am not up to date anywhere, by all means bring it to my attention. If any of you have a particular concern or question do not hesitate to either email me personally or on line and I will post it here. As the weather improves I want to spend as much time as possible outdoors. I have become a wimp and my heater is still on at night and during the day, as needed. I have opened up windows. To the people in Fort Mcmurry you have my prayers. I understand some are coming to Toronto. Displacement of people is very difficult and there is trauma as well, escaping fire. I am willing to provide six sessions of therapy for five people or couples or families at no cost with an extension if necessary. I encourage all Canadians to assist if they can in whatever way they can. If you have a gift to do good, why not use it? What do you think? I do charge 100. a fifty minute hour however I think I can ethically make an exception for the people in Fort Mcmurry this one time. “Whom ever you see in distress, recognize in him (or her) a fellow man (or woman)” life guard motto from my teenage years. Yes I was a life guard. Have a nice week, get some help if you need it and why not start a new leaf in your chapter of life towards a positive direction? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment