Friday 2 August 2013

Time out!

Another long weekend and I do need it so much. I really believe in self care with lots of fun time. I miss my trips in my little car exploring the country side that gets harder to find. My poor old guy is still hanging in there and I hope he does for a few more years. I have had enough death in my life this year. I was going to take most of the week off when I was alerted by my mentor about my papers. He had sent one back and one I am not sure where it is. I found his in my junk mail of all things and when searching to see if he had sent another back, I accidently deleted all the rest of my junk which may not have been junk. I thought I was deleting one page. Think again. It works differently in my junk mail, than it does in my regular mail. So I spent an entire day working on the paper and sending it off again because it is crunch time. Now I have to retrieve, photo copy, update etc……But that can wait until next week. So after I write this, I shall go home and determine how much more work I will do before I begin my holiday weekend that can be cut short by one phone call about something to do with this procedure. I must admit it will be nice to finish this process. I wrote my paper like a story. That is what I do. I love to write stories. However, a paper is not a story and so I got into scholar mode and wrote less story and more pro. I walked home exhausted and was stopped by one neighbor for a little talk time. I was about to almost get home when I was stopped by another. She noticed my clip on earrings (I do not believe in self mutilation and so I have no holes on my body that was not put there by my creator. I am also a very big wimp and will never cause myself pain, if it cannot be helped). One of my earrings was dangling and why shouldn’t it. I broke my own rule and went over 9 hours with one short 5 minute break away from the computer. It was a day that I had planned to paint my baseboards not be at my office. I had been interrupted from my silence by what seemed like gun shots and I wondered if something was happening in the neighborhood. It was a woman down the hall, in a separate office, watching u tube with her sound system a bit too loud. Break time, and then it was back to paper mode and not story mode. Anyhow, back to earrings and trying to get home. My neighbor tells me she has two earrings for me which are clip on. I was excited, home forgotten, pets forgotten and everything else forgotten, because I can never find clip on. I am offered a meal. I say no thanks. She produces a huge zucchini to show me she has vegetables for a vegetarian. I mention my pets, but do ask for a coffee. She jumps right to it and brings back the most wonderful coffee from her deluxe coffee/expresso maker. What a champ. Her husband starts telling me about his day and he gets me laughing in no time. She had a scary day and I sympathize. No one likes those days. He continues making me laugh hysterically. Papers are all forgotten. I go home still chuckling about what I heard with two beautiful unique earrings I have received as a gift. It took me an extra couple of hours to get into my home, from just meters from my home, but it was nice. I am grateful to have wonderful neighbours near me. So today, I am going to leave my office momentarily and bring my pro stuff home just in case and I am going to try to take a few days off for me. I am hoping to also catch a Shakespearian play if it does not rain. I will get into relax mode and just chill for as long as possible and hope that the phone does not ring with some news about my papers, unless it is tute fine. Excuse my French. Have a wonderful weekend and take that time for yourself. You deserve it. We all do!

No comments:

Post a Comment