Thursday 8 August 2013

I am solid and a tribute to the soldier, more tid bits

Well, I have completed all my papers and Saturday I was doing a happy dance in the living room. I certainly did not win the 30 million lottery. I accidently threw my ticket away into the Home Depot garbage can just prior to paying for my paint. My happy dance was a dance of another chapter. It has been five years of study and internships and meeting wonderful people. My theory paper was found to be a solid piece of work. I was pleased. I am also pleased with my grade. I am forever being graded. Now, I have to complete my three steps of applications, reviews and etc... However, it is bringing everything I have done together verbally and in writing. It is gathering every bit of me for review. It is a good feeling. Another achievement. Sometimes people think that they need fulfillment from others to know their worth. But you need to find your own worth and fulfillment within yourself. I used to sluff off achievements because I was taught to be humble. Humility can be challenging in a dog eat dog world, but when you only need to prove what you are worth to yourself, it does not matter. If you are living in despair look outside of the box that you are in. Step out and look in. What do you see? Where do you want to go? Who do you want to be with? Are you happy? Do you feel suffocated? Are you drowning? Take the life buoy. Reach out to someone who compliments you rather than threatens you. Bullies have a habit of making you believe that it is your fault. Preditors are great at this. They try to remove all social supports. They try to keep you in a trap so they can abuse you. When you are ready - go for help. They may threaten your family, your pet and that is what it is a threat. If you are a minor report it to someone who can help you such as a teacher. If you are an adult and you are so unhappy that you can no longer function, perhaps it is time to take that stand. Have a bag with some clothes in it, a passport, personal papers. Have something put away with a friend or at a safe location, that if you want to leave an abusive relationship, you will, when the time is right. There is so much out there available. Every one has the right to live their own lives without fear. Find that happiness. I have always done what I have wanted. I have always had options. I have had a solid relationship with so many people. I have had opportunitites and it has been my decision, and mine alone, to choose or not to. I have had 33 years of experience helping people in one way or another and have loved that experience. It is that experience I also bring into the therapeutic room. Balance is always a key word. Balance is required to live a healthy life. I know that two years of continuous stress will effect the body health wise. My love for people has not decreased throughout the years, knowing that there is an ugly side too out there. I encourage all people to find out who they really are so they can live to be who they want to be and not what is expected of them. I will be posting more notes and less of me as I will be quite busy gathering, preparing and working on completing my programs. I want to thank all of you for reading my blog. It started as a way to advertise but I did not know I would have fun doing it. Thank you. I have had 1115 look at my page view and 5492 blogs read. The States continues to be my number one reader which I appreciate. I know the dynamics have changed in my city. I grew up in Toronto where many thought they were just an extension of the States. We grew up with American tv. I remember one child being asked who the Prime Minister was and the child name the President of the States. I always preferred American shows. I love going to the States and will one day hope to travel through each one if I can. However, I have to see the rest of Eastern Canada first. This year has been a year of loss for me as well. I have been honoured to have been friends with very wonderful people. I still have some left and I am forever grateful. My best friend is a man I have know since we were teens. When boyfriends challenged the relationship, he was my choice. Some people don't think you can have a platonic relationship with a member of the opposite sex and that is their loss. Now I cut and pasted what I thought was very meaningful. I received this SITREP Jul 20 13 and thought I would share it with you. In memory of Fr MacFarlene, Lietenant Commander as well, my old friend. Visiting your grave was solemn. I knew you would have preferred to be among the soldiers and not the elite. I miss you. Don MAGEE* Elmer GAY* Arthur GAUTHIER “Bury Me With Soldiers” (Authour Unknown) I've played a lot of roles in life; I've met a lot of men. I've done a lot of things I'd like to think, I wouldn’t do again, And though I'm young, I'm old enough to know, Someday I'll die And to think about what lies beyond and beside whom I would like to lie. Perhaps it doesn't matter much; still...if I had my choice, I'd want a grave 'mongst Soldiers, when at last death quells my voice. I'm sick of the hypocrisy, of lectures of the wise. I'll take the man, with all the flaws, who goes; though scared; and dies. The troops I knew were commonplace. They didn't want the war. They fought because their fathers and their fathers had before. They cursed and killed, then wept... God knows they're easy to deride... But bury me with men like these; they faced the guns and died. It's funny how you think of it, the way we got along. We'd come from different worlds to live in one where no one belongs. I didn't even like them all; I'm sure they'd all agree. Yet I would give my life for them, I know some did for me. So bury me with Soldiers please, though much maligned they be. Yes, bury me with Soldiers, for I miss their company! We'll not soon see their like again; we've had our fill of war. But bury me with men like these, till someone else does more.

No comments:

Post a Comment