Friday 5 April 2013

Started my day reading half a book when I should be figuring out my taxes

    It is that time of the year again where I gather all my stuff and do my own taxes.  I am still small enough to be able to do it.  Or, is it that I am just organized?  Having two businesses is one thing, but do I really need an accountant?  Not yet.  I started doing my own taxes quite early.  I would bring it to a popular organization to be compiled and was quite disappointed when there were errors.  So, I presumed correctly that I can do my own, do it wrong and the tax man or woman would correct me.  And they do.  I phone them when I am confused and I phone them when I am lost.  They are always polite.  I also ask at times if I should get an accountant and they say naw, they can help me.  So, this year, I will do my taxes again.  Last year it took me three days to collect, sort and find everything I needed before mailing it off.  I was quite disappointed when our government decided to return our refund in monthly payments.  I do not find that very democratic.  I used to always have a massive amount of taxes taken out in advance so that at the end of the year I would get a nice little bundle back and |I could afford a great vacation or something I really wanted.  Those days are now gone.  I have to figure out how to pay less taxes so I am not penalized by getting refunds back at their leisure which is monthly rather than a lump sum.  Who gets the interest?  Anyhow, I am going to have to remember this when it comes to voting.  If everyone voted it might inspire politicians to remember why they are in the positions that they hold.
       Anyhow, more about taxes.  First I have to finish recording everything because I am behind and then I will begin the task of basic arithmatic.  I have a calculator from my stats day and another more basic one which calculates percentages nicely.  I actually enjoy doing my taxes because |I don't require thought, just numbers.  I especially like when I do not owe anything.  If I sold more books, I might have to get an accountant but my mail box which I rented is void of any book requests.  Hey, at least you like my blogs.
     I have received three books which I ordered and this morning while drinking coffee I polished off half a book.  When my mom died, I was holding her hand and talking alot.  I gave her permission to go.  Yet in my heart I wanted her to stay.  I then felt I was being followed to my car and turned around and there was no one there.  I had felt the same sensation earlier when I was returning from the cafeteria.  It was kind of spooky feeling someone behind you and there is no one there.  When I was in the hospital, I thought I was just sensing the cameras.  Maybe it was, but why behind me only.  Oh well.  Anyhow, before my mom died a few weeks earlier, we were talking about life after death.  I told her that she would leave her body, look at her self and that she may not like what she sees and then I did not know.  It was quite casual and innocent.  That was the kind of relationship I had with her.  We could talk about anything and everything and make fun of the world.  I told her that if she could let me know what it was like on the otherside to let me know, to do so but not to scare me under any conditions.  My mother had a wicked humour much like mine.  Anyhow, when I felt I was being followed, I thought that maybe it was my mom and as soon as I entered my car asked her to not scare me.  Then the feeling was gone.  Was it my imagination?  No.  But what was it, I do not know.  Maybe it was the cameras.  However, I ordered and began reading this morning, To Heaven and Back A Doctor's extradorinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels and Life Again.  A true story by Mary C. Neal, MD.  She is an Orthopaedic surgeon.  I also ordered Proof of Heaven A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander, M.D.  When I read these books, I wonder what the science can be behind this?  Can there be an explanation?  Is it a dream?  However,  I remember reading a book years ago that captivated me, because it was written by an athiest cardiologist.  Because of his patients who actually died and returned being able to tell him how the OR looked and who was wearing what (I remember a tie) when they were out cold and dead, made him start believing that there was something there.  I was so impressed with that book and unfortunately lent it out to I don't know who and once again lost a good book.  I cannot remember who wrote that and have not been able to find it.  If you know of the book I am talking about please let me know.
     I really love life.  I love all it has to offer.  I wish I could go on living and having different careers and exploring all there is to explore.  There are still places I have not experienced.  There is more than what we ourselves see.  I have heard so many stories and some I really think are stores.  But, then there are others that have such an impact on a person that you know there has to be something more.  So that is why instead of doing my taxes and writing my book, I was reading Dr Neal's book.
     So I wrote a bit of my book, wrote this entry before starting my taxes and now I am ready.  So have a nice weekend, spend it with someone you like, be good to yourself and I will write again next week.  Oh, if you want a laugh, why not order my book, Hey Guy Buy Me, so I can claim it on my taxes next year.
       Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment