Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!What did you do?

Aw, New years, new promises, new resolutions, new beginnings and discarding the past. 
     I have the flu and broncitis.  So much for that walk in clinic physician telling me to be patient.  I went to see my own physician and he gave me the anti biotics I needed.  I came in close contact at parties with so many people who were sick.  Why do people not stay home when they are sick?  Why do they insist on going out and partying because it is fun?  Oh well.  My New Years Eve was spent with me laying down on the couch and one of my pets laying on my chest, which kept me warm.  However, my spew of coughing chased the pet away.  Where else would I rather be I told myself.  I spoke with kin and everyone else who called me and told me what they were doing.  I was having the quietest evening and it was nice.  My good neigbour and author came to visit me with a bottle of wine but I had to chase him away (after taking the wine) and tell him not to touch me, after he touched my face.  I was startled as he immediately put his hand near his mouth.  I hope I did not make him sick.  I eventually relented and asked him if he wanted to come in and he admitted he did not want to get sick.  So, I placed the wine on a table for another night when I am no longer under the effects of the antibodies.  Apparently these pills work for an additional ten days after stopping.  Yes, strong meds.  What I needed. 
     I spent the night alone not wanting to infect anyone and I found myself quite content in my solitude.  I dined on mushroom soup with garlic bread (It is so nice when you can eat garlic without worrying about breathing on someone) and drank gingerale like it was going out of style.  It was so relaxing.  I watched a comedy I had taped with Chris Rock in it.  It is about a young black man (Chris Rock) who dies when he is not supposed to and so heaven sends him back in the body of a 53, out of shape white man, who also happens to be a Millionaire.  I was surprised by how much I laughed.  It was sooo funny.   I also watched a bit of the festivities at Niagara Falls where I spent one weekend celebrating the New Year.  It was 2000 when everyone was expecting a disaster.  My disaster was the amount of money spent.  I also spent some time watching the festivities of New York City.  I love New York City and would not mind living there for a few years.  I have been there a few times and always felt at home.  I actually like it better than Toronto.  It is more vibrant and exciting.  I actually feel safer walking there at night.  I do not in Toronto.  I like the idea of lots of police on every block to protect us against the bad guys.  In Toronto we are on budget cuts that effects all our emergency services.  I like it in New York because there is a Starbucks on every corner.  I love Starbucks but my neighbourhood  only has Tim Hortons.  I would rather pay more for an excellent cup of coffee and service with what I have to settle for without taking my car.   You all know if you have read my blogs that I hate taking the TTC which they claim is the better way.   That is why I am resisting getting an office downtown.  Parking is too expensive; insurance is rediculous and I hate the buses and subways.
     So, I had a very quiet and relaxing night.  I have been told by my physician that in a few days I shall feel better and will no longer be contagious.  Hurray!!!  Then I can plan a small party.   I do love parties.  Only my closest will be invited and some kin for sport.  Just kidding.  Family is important to me.  I just have to make sure that I have enough chairs and room.  At my last party, I asked my brother in law why not take a seat.  He replied that there were no chairs.  That is why I am keeping this party restricted to people I really really like and care for.  Some are bringing their own chairs and the rest I will borrow.
          What did you do New Years?  Did you go party which I normally love to do?  Did you spend it with family at home?  Were you happy with how you spent it?  That is the key.  If not will you allow yourself the opportunity this year to examine what you really would have liked to have done and who to spend it with?  Why not spend this new year focusing on new beginnings?  Why not start it with getting a good physical?  It is important for a person to be physically as well as mentally cared for.  There are physical ailments that result from the emotional aspect.  Stress tears the body down eventually.  Chemical inbalances can be modified by medication.  Consider it if you are in this category.
     I wish you all a Happy New Year!  What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment