Friday 21 September 2012

Read me please. Please read me.

      I attended a seminar last year and we were informed by a man from Washington that if we were therapists and not on the internet we would be out of business in ten years.  This was not good news for one patiently waiting for her college to get going.  So I started this blog immediately.  I recently enrolled in a course where I am supposed to learn how to do a web site.  The night was a bit slow which is probably good since I am more suited away from computers.  However, we will only be learning how to upload and design our web which will be up and running by Christmas.  I will probably have to take another course on how to charge people for telephone, email etc….counselling.  It would be nice to extend my services worldwide, if I can figure it out and my mentor permits it.  I have also enlisted with psychology today as advised.  That was fun because I connected with another previous classmate who is doing nicely there.  Starting a new business costs money and more money and more money.  Our College of Psychotherapy has also been delayed a year.  That means that many people who are not educated or trained in counselling continue to do so and make big bucks at it legally.  Fortune tellers?  Let us not even go there.  But I do want to help people, help themselves for life.  So even though I am not an ambitious 20 anymore, I am sure and steady and resilient, like fine aged wine.   I will be considerate and patient.  After all I have the rest of my life to look forward to, as long or short as it may be.  I have had a good life and I am right where I want to be with perhaps more funding.  I have a place to sleep, I have lots of food and hopefully some of that is food, that does not slowly kill me and I have lots of love.  What more can I want?  Where I do start?   
     In my class of web designers wanna bees there are all sorts of interesting people some of who want to sell nice and yummy things such as chocolate.  I would much more like to know about what they do than stare at a computer and keep paying for registration, service etc….which was all we seemed to be doing on our first night.  So wish me luck on this venture.  I also have to prepare a speaking engagement for a group of people next week and I have not even begun to prepare for that.  Actually, I have thought about it.  Fortunately, when I start to speak it all comes out easy so I only have to prepare a bit of background for this.  Speaking engagements are few nowadays, but I have extensive experience in that department.  With experience and the gift for gab, I can go a long way in a short time, in front of a group.  Just a tinny bit of research, I still need to do. 
     Sunday I will be at Queen’s Park selling “Hey Guy Buy Me.”  I had so much fun writing that little book.  There are even cartoons included.  Not all appreciate it.  Now I have to try to sell it.  So if you are at Queen’s Park this Sunday come and buy one.  I even bought candies.  I noticed when people sell things, they get candies, pens etc….to attract people to their booth.  I will see how this works.  For a big bag of candies from Costco, it may just do the trick.  “Do you want a candy, sir?  Huh, perhaps your wife, girlfriend does?” 
………….”No, I understand.  Candies make you fat.  At least they don’t cause cancer.  Not that I heard of yet. Maybe it will cause cancer tomorrow?  Why do you think our governments allow big corporations to poison us legally?  Did you hear about popcorn and rice?  Should I throw out my rice?  I stopped eating the popcorn.  Maybe I should send out all that I eat to a lab to see how safe it is to eat, before it kills me?   No I cannot afford to do that.  Maybe Bill Gates does that?  Do you think he will share the news with us?  He was right on with the environment.  I would have voted for him.  They don’t let Canadians vote in the States.  We are not Americans, we have our own problems.  No I cannot afford to provide chocolates.  Yup, I heard it makes you feel good.  No it is not a garage sale, I cannot give you two books for the price of one.  Please sir, bring that book back.  It does not say steal me.  It says buy me”.    
      Hopefully, I will see you Sunday and some of you will buy my book without trying to steal it (like the last street festival in my neighborhood).  If you are somewhere far away from Canada, notice that I rent a post office box (see my profile) so if you may send me $9.95 Canadian or American (we keep playing tag with the dollar and we are winning at the moment ever so slightly),  I will send you my book and since I cannot send you a candy, I will cover the postage and handling.  You have to send the money first because I am honest and I don’t know if you are.      
      If you can’t come Sunday, maybe you can come to York University on the 21st of November.  I will by then know if having candies is a selling booster or not.  In the meantime, I will try to get all this computer stuff started so I can return to what I should be doing, helping people, return to writing my second book (still on page 161) and catch up with a lot of reading.  I am reading my second book of dream interpretation for fun and trying to catch up with journals.  Maybe if I sell some books, I can afford to take a more indepth study of dreams.  What am I thinking?  I am still paying off tuition and let’s not even start with the 16 year old car?
     Well, this blog is the only place where I will have fun.  The rest of my stuff is all serious.  Not everyone appreciates my humour. 

 What do you think?       

No comments:

Post a Comment