Tuesday 18 July 2023

Taking advantage of the summer

I noticed that the three day conference I posted regarding systemic family therapy didn't quite work. Oh well, the actual courses are not listed yet but it should be a great event. I love the American Conferences but unfortunately can only attend virtually because of Mr Attitude. They have a big one in London England and that is a country I tried to go to about three times. I talk about that in my bio. www.silvaredigonda.ca. Well I had to bring my car in but no worries, they needed a part which was of no cost to me, so it appears that my new old car should do me well. I actually really like it. It doesn't look so big when it isn't beside my old car. I actually got attached to that car and feel like I abandoned it for a newer model. Imagine getting attached to a car. I seem to get attached to all my cars and pets. I worked out all the details with my publisher and now that is good to go. This Saturday the Sisters of Crime have a guest speaker talking about self publishing so I need to find the time to attend. It is only an hour and a half so I better make the time. It is the advertising and getting my face out there. People seem to like me at events so I need to be more visible in person. If you are in Toronto and have a book club or book store, I am available. I am planning for next summer. I went to the Bloor festival as the pick of the week and though they have vendors I would have to supply my own table, chair and tent. What do I look like, Superwoman? There has to be something more realistic like you supply the table, tent and chair and I will supply my books and bring my own pen. How does that sound? I still have lots to supply you with but I have also been cheating and having more fun. Also, beause of my injured leg I have also joined a mini gym so I can use the bicycle which has less stress on the leg or so my physio therapist tells me. He prefers that I swim but there is no parking at the place I really want to join. I also like to spend more time having fun because I have been working very hard and I must practice what I preach. Mr Attitude wasn't feeling so well last night and so I prayed until he got better. Like I said, I get attached to my pets. He is now fine once again. Summer is so short and we need to enjoy it when we can. That's all for now. New car, good as new leg (almost)and Mr Attitude is still alive. I am also spending any free time reading for fun. Good talk. Next : Creating a safety plan to get away from your abusive partner continues on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment