Wednesday 12 July 2023

I am still here. Busy busy busy My dealership just provided me with one year free roadside/towing. What does that tell me?

This time when I brought my car in for oil change etc..I was informed that my car cannot endure another winter. So, I had to quickly find another car, not that I haven't been looking. However, I need to go out of town twice for an important family event and that is why I bought a car I would not have ever considered. It has almost 200,000 miles. It is huge and I like small, especially in Toronto where I can squeeze in for parking and not have an accident when driver's are on the phone and cross their lanes. I mean if you have read my bio, you would have discovered that I trained on 2 1/2 ton trucks but that wasn't in Toronto. I actually did prepare to buy a fiat and called the family owned business. I was so sure I would buy it that I prepared the insurance company for it. I went to see it and guess what? I did love the car with red leather seats and white exterior but you see there was a complication. There was no battery in the car and when I saw tape used to connect stuff in the engine and a daggling plastic thing, well what would you do? On top of that there was a car with a car tarp on it blocking my car from ever going to a test run. I was stunned and that is hard to do. The family manager informed me that I had not made an appointment for a test run. Apparently telling her I was coming to see the car did not include I might want to drive it to see if it feels good to buy? Well after all that and I was "pissed" I decided to just buy the other car from my dealership. It is the last German vehicle they have because now everything is made in countries where labour is cheap. When I checked the car I wanted to buy, apparently the Italian made Fiat was not made in Italy, but in Syria. Whats this about? However, because the car was so pretty and I was desparate for a car I would have done it anyway except for this family manager failing to meet the grade. I did tell her that in all of my buying of cars this was the worse. The last time was bad for wasting my time and dance which I do not do when purchasing but this took the cake. So, I am picking up the big new car which has increased my insurance to a rediculous amount. I called CAA and they quoted me 650 cheaper. Guess where I am going? I will get more for my money and they also added perks to beat. Now if I stay with this insurance company I am covered for earthquake, etc.... but not with CAA but you know what? I just make the total move because if I just cover my house, my rates will increase 35%. So, this is why I haven't written to you. I have been pulling my hair (metaphorically speaking because, actually, I do not do that). I also have news about Ominous. I decided to stick to my own publisher since I trust her and it should be out by next February or March and I retain all rights. I will talk about that hopefully next week, unless the sky falls. I know I haven't finished with tips for women running away from their abusive spouses. Men like it too. It's coming. If you want to make me feel better you may buy one of my books which I will mail in any part of the world regardless of politics, religions etc.....Books are good for the soul for everyone. If you have problems ordering let me know because I pay more than I should for that too. Check it out....www.silvaredigonda.ca In the meantime I have posted a horse and buggy which is the norm in St Jacobs Ontario. I spent a wonderful day there, checking out the market and being mistaken for a local in town by a nice gentleman. I can get used to a calmer place than my boisterous city, but what the heck. There is no place like home. Or, is there? Niagara Falls? Have a good weekend. I am afraid this is all I got to give this week. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment