Friday 21 October 2022

Tid Bits for you and bringing you up to date

I have had a difficult week due to Holy Terror dying. Her brother, Mr Attitude has been developing behaviours she used to have. He now jumps up on a table to greet me in the mornings for kisses, which he never did before. That was Holy Terror's job. He spent the first few days resting on my chest or lap at every opportunity. He has been eating for two, which I need to watch. I have spent more time socializing and less working. I have given myself another week of more adventure, than work and than I will slowly get back to normal. I wanted to talk a bit more about the seminar I posted about Eating Disorders, but will do so next week, when my brain is clear, since I will be relying on memory. I posted the video for you because Eating Disorder is a problem and people should have all resources open to them, so they can be informed and make their own decisions. If you do have a disorder I suggest you see a Registered Psychotherapist, Social Worker, Psychologist or Psychiatrist. Remember that in Ontario every therapist needs to be registered. You can find out if your therapist is registered by visiting their specific college. To be a therapist in Ontario, one must have a Masters. Now for your tidbits. The Canadian Medical Association Survey (conducted last fall) which consisted of more than 41,000 doctors and medical students,revealed the following: 53% of physicians have symptoms of burn out. It is suggested that 1/4 experience severe or moderate anxiety. 1/2 are struggling with depression. 36% had suicidal thoughts in their lifetime, up from 18% in 2017. Now about Americans moving to Canada: Almost 12,000 people from the USA were granted permanent residency in 2021. More than 3,200 applicants were approved in the first quarter of 2022. This is the highest since 1980. I wish you all a good weekend. In tribute to Holy Terror, I will like to share photos with you in her memory. If you hate the idea, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment