Monday 30 December 2019

Donald Trump - The Edible Man (non political)

New Years is fast approaching and I must admit I am fully saturated with the holidays. I don’t think I shall take off an entire month again for a while. I have been celebrating since November and it is time to ease myself back into a more serene life, with less excitement. My highlight began with my mini holiday to the States. On my way back, at the border, shopping I was trying to find something unique to the States and then suddenly near the cash register hiding from the main attractions I found it, the edible man. I grabbed about six, paid for it and amused I carefully packed it with the rest of my finds. At my first Christmas party I gave it to the leaving President. I knew he was a Trump fan. At least he was when he was first elected. At a previous party he told us how when he was visiting New York City and entering a restaurant, he was asked by the hostess to kindly remove his Trump baseball cap since Trump was not popular in New York and she could not guarantee his safety (or words to those effects). So, I provided him with the chocolate bar with Trump’s smiling face, proudly displayed as the 45th President. D. smiled and like a boy whose feelings are changing towards his last girlfriend, he released the news that his feelings have waivered. He no longer passionately loved Trump. However, I can see that the chocolate bar made him reminisce of his found and lost love. The new to become President quickly asked if Trump realized that these chocolate bars are being sold. He was concerned that Trump was not getting his royalties. The conversation quickly turned to global warming, religion etc….and at the end we had a toast that we could talk about politics and religion and disagree but yet be able to remain respectful and friendly with each other. My next chocolate bar went to a loyal friend who always brings me back a souvenir from her travels which means a lot to me since I am so stationary. Again another friend of mine came to visit and was so sad that I wanted to make her laugh. “I have something that will make you laugh,” I exclaimed. She informed me that it was impossible. I left to get my next chocolate bar and handed it to her. She looked at the bar, began swearing like nothing I had heard in a long time and began to laugh. Mission accomplished. My final chocolate bar to give out (I wanted one for myself), I gave as part of my Christmas gifts to my last Christmas party. It was special because it was family and a new member had increased the family gathering. My sibling showed off her find and two men begged her for the prize. She said something like no and stomped off with the edible man secure in the palm of her hand. My only wish is that I would have bought more of Trump. I don’t think it will taste very good. I am used to Swiss and Belgium chocolate. But we must sometimes make sacrifices. Happy holidays everyone and a most happy New Year. I hope it is filled with wise decisions, more compassion for others and a time of reflection for the betterment of humanity. www.silvaredigonda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment