Thursday 19 December 2019

Christmas Time of the Year

I love Christmas but give me a reason to celebrate and I am up for it. I love the Christmas lights, Christmas trees, even the snow. I love celebration. This year I went to Pioneer Village for their Christmas of Lights Dinner and I loved that as well. The food was delicious and I never ventured through the village lit by lanterns. I recommend it, especially for tourists. I have been watching taped movies as well on channel 27. It is like watching one harlequin romance after another with the same actors playing different roles. I would like to see something more Christmas like, rather than female has to decide between two men while aiming to be a successful businesswoman. Once in a while they throw in an angel to help her or him along her path. I would like to see a new Christmas movie with perhaps Jesus in it. How would that look? I happened to be talking to someone who told me she hated Christmas. She thought it was a religious holiday and hated everything about it. I told her that Santa will probably put coal in her stockings. She gradually admitted that for the first time ever she put up a small Christmas tree on her window and the neighbours asked her if she is alright. I still say Merry Christmas because this lady was saying the truth. Christmas is about Jesus. I think that Christmas is also about embracing and it is about love minus Harlequin romance streaming. Please think of something new Channel 27? This is a time of the year when people struggle as well. I went into Yorkdale yesterday and looked at a change purse without the change portion that cost 400.00. Is that all I asked the clerk? I mentioned that I am only middle class (am I still?). I looked for another with a change portion and that cost $600. Needless to say I found something within my budget at Lindt chocolate and the Body Shop. When did Christmas become of big money gifts? I heard on the news a few days ago or so that half of Canadians are $200.00 from being able to pay all their bills. The Mayor who promised us that he would not raise our taxes did. It is to be able to build affordable housing (irony) and improve our TTC. You already know what I think of our transit system. I normally pay the hefty parking fees, than use our transit. Christmas…….It is also a time of great suffering for some. They may be alone, they may have to face relatives they would rather not, or don’t, they may be suffering from addiction or they may just be suffering. Families can be quite intense. One thing I shall recommend for you this Christmas is perhaps to give something of yourself to another. It may be a nice gesture with no money value at all. It may be an act of kindness. One of the problems I also see is where one family member has expectations of another. We would be much happier if we could accept others as they are without trying to reform their attire, tell them how to act and expect others to be a reflection of themselves. There is also incest which I always suggest to report years later, which still haunts people. Then there are in-laws who have difficulty keeping their paws to themselves which causes tension and further distance among families. This Christmas why not do something special for yourself as well? You have earned it. If you need help to get you through this period please get it. There are many free resources if you cannot afford to pay for it yourself. If you believe in a God why not walk into a church, temple, synagogue etc…for reflection. If you have been betrayed by a Church realize that there is good and bad everywhere. Don’t let the bad overpower. Find the goodness in what or where it may be difficult to see. Not all men will hurt you; not all women will hurt you. This Christmas I hope you find your solace. I hope you find your joy. I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and Happy holidays. The snow flakes are covering the streets right now. Let the purity of it shower you. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment