Wednesday 23 October 2019

Exercise Eases Traumatic Injury

Legion Periodical Sep/Oct 19 pgs 12 - 13 reports that traumatic brain injury changes the way brain cells communicate with one another. Genetic alternations can lead to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease as well as other neurodegenerative conditions. Veteran Affairs Medical Centre in San Francisco found mild concussions double the risk of a veteran developing Parkinson’s disease. Veterans with both mild Trauma brain injury and PTSD have an enlarged amygdala ( tied to emotions that is key in triggering PTSD symptoms. The British Military Researchers found disturbance in balance and eye movement is common following concussion caused by blast and blunt trauma and worsens when combined. This predicts poor long-term mental health. A lead researcher, David Johnson is assessing the effects of intensive exercise on Trauma brain injury and will be releasing the results this year. I shall be attending a few seminars talking about Trauma and will be reporting any news to you. I have begun writing my fourth book, which I promised to write and dedicate to a friend of mine dying from cancer. I have stalled to long. She wants it to be funny. I can do funny. However, I have to kill some people in the process. No one shall be harmed. If you are interested in any of my books, you may order a book to be mailed to you or download a copy of my second or third. Have a good weekend. www.silvaredigonda.com

1 comment: