Friday 11 October 2019

Catch up and bringing you up to date - Who to Vote for in this election. My woe.

I was going to provide you with more notes about sex and aging but I believe it fell behind my desk drawer which I will have to take apart and I am not prepared to undertake that mission right now. So, I shall take that as a sign to stop talking about the Guelph Conference and move to my next workshop of professional development titled Compassion Fatigue. I shall do that in my next entry which I will do right after I submit this entry. Soon we will be returning to the polls to vote. I am still undecided. How are you doing? Any better? Watching my English version of the debate was not inspiring. They were loud, talking over each other, taking cheap shots of each other and I wondered if they were not so lucky, as I was in elementary school where in grade eight we learned how to debate. Who is giving a cheap shot now, hey? I was hoping for a civilized debate where each person would just tell us what their objective for our country is. I wasn’t really impressed with anyone fully. We are so busy making fun of Trump when we should be focusing on our own problems. Let me see how I can deduce who I should vote for? We have Trudeau who concerned me when he bought a pipe line and concerned me more when the Attorney General exposed being forced out of office when he wanted to change the rules so a big business corporation would not face criminal charges. Trudeau said it was to save jobs. For you who have been reading my blogs or reading my books, know by now that I believe in equality, and that includes the law. I could forgive everything else. That bothered me. Then we have the Conservative party which seem to support big corporations and I am doubtful they are concerned about global warming. Then we have the NDP and the Green Party. The Green party takes global warming very seriously as much as I do. However, they want to legalize drug possession. Again, you know how I am against drugs especially since I see the destruction of people who are addicted. When things are legalized it gives the public that it is safe and it is not. Then we also had the peoples party talk and I have my concerns as well as the Quebec block. I do think we need more public newscasts of all candidates to make an informed decision. There is too much at risk nowadays. There is an increase in crime, an increase in my city of shootings and gangs etc…..There is a bigger divide between the rich and poor etc….Instead of learning from other countries, we are joining them in our descent. Racism which I had foolishly believed had been obliterated is not only in existent to the most naive, but growing. Why? Bullying is rampant in schools and it is not being handled at all well. Just recently a high school in Hamilton had a child stabbed to death while his mother watched. There is nothing worse that a child dying but actually seeing it being done and not able to stop it is devastating for the parent. How did this happen? Teens from the school now are telling the media how prevalent bullying is at that school. Why has it got this far? Shameful. So, when I watch a debate program of people who want to run my country, I expect a level of maturity deserving of the job. I expect honesty and would love to see people who cannot keep their promise being forced to step down. So, yes, I am undecided. I will vote, I just don’t know for who. I am sure many of you have been in this boat before. I honestly think we need to revamp the entire system. We keep making the same mistakes and greater ones. Politicians should listen to experts in their field and not think they are beyond the people. As I deduce who I should vote for, I know that the most serious concern right now is Global Warming. I think more people are becoming aware of how devastating this will be. Perhaps I should vote for the person who will try their best for this cause and to eliminate poverty at home and the world. However, that person will not win, so should I vote for someone to keep someone else from power? I have a bit more time to think about this. What do you think? What are your challenges when it comes to voting? Why is there so much polarization? What do you think? I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. We do have a lot to be thankful. We still live in a beautiful planet and share with so many. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment