Tuesday 21 May 2019

Hinduism / Christian/ RC continued from theology notes

Hinduism - what you do. Tradition minded rather than historical. Comparison between life of Jesus and Krishna. Was Krishna a Buddhist? Buddha is similar to Christianity. Recognized as a saint. “Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved” - doesn’t work. Hinduism seems to be practiced, experiential and what have you. Hinduism is the oldest religion in the world and they don’t have structure. Hinduism is Yoga - making the journey from where you are. Caste - means who you are is determined by what your father is. Hindus are vegetarians. Roman Catholics - before Vatican 11, many people joined the priesthood. In Western culture a priest is important, in Hindu not. In Christian spirituality God is personal. Church likes to talk about God as personal. Super personal God - you can go to God directly. Then you don’t have to go to church. Most Christians believe in a personal God. Mystical - (a) Supra personal God. God Head. (spirituality). Trinity. Apophatic mysticism. Mystics say that when you meditate - experience God as beyond person. ( b). Orthodox - personal - trinity - If God can go to Supr and pray quietly, than why need Supra? Kataphatic - theology. Father - Son - and Holy Spirit. Purgative stage - Can’t steal and donate 5000. to the church and thank God for money. Contemplative God - more from meditative to intuition - “Our Father who is in heaven”. Purgative - Forgive as we forgive others. How do you find true self? Spirituality - detachment from the false. Self - First meditation is called principal and foundation. It is necessary to detach from all living things. You could be as young as nine years old in the past to join the priesthood. Recommends an annual retreat to find out who you are. Hindus believe in reincarnation. When you say thou kingdom come you say my kingdom gone. One of the best things to do for spiritual life - personality test. MMPI. To be continued…………….. I have been negligent of supplying you my theology notes which I hope you understand. These are my notes written some time ago. I can barely read my own writing, but taking notes free hand is the best way for memory retention. I am nearing the end of this notebook but I have many more. Conferences/seminars have begun but I want to try to alternate without falling behind in reporting to you my mandate in education hours. Unfortuantely I have had to put my book aside due to commitments. However, if you want to order superficial easy reading which I have written for fun, you may download my ebooks (for a fee of course) or you may order a signed book from me. Thank you for reading my blogs. If you ever have a question, please feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment