Wednesday 11 April 2018

I do not endorse anyone or accept friend requests

I sometimes get a request for a job placement which is quite legitimate. However, if I ever accept any offer it must be very interesting to me. I have an interest in helping emergency personnel but I cannot do it for free or refer. There are charity locales for that. There are charity organizations who raise money for that. I have no interest in working for any business unless it is in the scope of psychotherapy and the business must be legitimate. I do not accept "friends" requests unless the person is a colleague or actual friend. I also do not endorse any company or accept any fees what so ever. I do not recommend any spa like facility in the States to anyone. So, save our selves time and cross me off the list as a potential for directing any one anywhere. For people who do seek therapy do check that the persons you see or seek services from are legitimate. I was watching a program a few months ago (market place?) where they were showing that degrees were being sold including degrees for PHD's from non existent universities. It is all a scam. So it is important that you check the sources. This is why the news is so important. They expose what others try to keep hidden. It is part of our democracy. The information I write here is mostly from my notes from undergrad and grad and conferences. I believe I am caught up with all the conferences. I believe some pages are missing from my last blog, but it will show up if that is so. At this point I am also writing some exercises for some therapy books. Last week I was at a hospital and talked to a volunteer who seemed young for the type of work she was doing. Normally, I see elderly women. I asked if she was working for hours. In Ontario high school students require so many volunteer hours before graduating. Initially I thought this was another way of getting people to work for free. However, I now see the benefits of a students growth and empathy. It teaches. The student said she was not working for hours but was forcing herself to get away from her studies for four hours. I noticed she was reading a book regarding 101 something or other regarding self care. She began instructing me on the benefits of self care. I did not tell her I was a psychotherapist. I did not want to deter from her willingness to share. She is an undergrad at a university (one I went to). "You want to be a scientist?" I inquired when she told me her field of study. "Yes" she replied. She was quite pleasant and I always marvel when I see such determination and wit. So, as you see I also write just about anything. I am now organzing my writings about therapy so I can produce an easy to read book about therapy. People seem to want it. However, that does take away from my joy of writing for fun which you can find at www.silvaredigonda.com. I like to write so everyone can read it. I believe in "KISS" (keep it simple.......). So, I am not here for anyone else to endorse. I am not here to accept friendships. I am here because of my work. My fun time is separate though I may write about it. I sometimes share for a purpose to demonstrate self care or other. I welcome questions regarding psychotherapy. So, since I am caught up with conferences I shall get back to my notes next week and begin alternating between my psychology notes I have not completed and theology notes. So have a good week, remember to have fun. Try to balance your life. Talk to people. You do not need to know them. Enjoy the weather and discover yourself and your place in the world. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment