Friday 9 December 2016

Thank you, USA

It appears an American in the West Coast, read a Canadian blog regarding a teen who was going to go to a local high school and hurt people. The American called the Police and reported it. Subsequently, the police traced the blog back to the computer at the high school and the teen was arrested and Oakwood Collegiate was spared of suffering. I want to thank you. The States is our closest neighbour and friend. I was listening to the Vice President speak so wonderfully at the Ottawa dinner (on the news). He said that the States is like a big brother to us. I agree. I have always felt a kinship to the States. I grew up loving American televison and tolerating Canadian television and avoiding English all together. I remember a time when kids knew who the president was and assumed he was the prime minister. Television has improved and now I like Canadian television as well. I am still stuggling with the Brits, though I like, "Murder in Paradise." So thank you America for looking out for us. There was also a fire in the Niagara falls area and apparently the Americans saw it and were first to arrive. I believe they were on the river. I found it amusing that Americans could respond prior to the Canadians. However, we are friends as well as neighbours, so thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment