Friday 23 December 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

I want to thank you for reading my blogs. As I mentioned before for those of you who have read my blogs for sometime, I am here because years ago before my private practice, I was informed at a seminar by a Communications Expert from Washington, that if we as therapists were not on the internet, we would be out of business in ten years. I took that seriously. In all my studies, business was never implemented. In a private practice, I have learned that to reach out to people, I needed to explore the business world. Hopefully, mental health will be covered by OHIP one day soon. That is my wish. There is still a stigma regarding getting help and there should not be. Mental health is just as important as physical health. A person's entire self needs to be taken care of. If you can not afford care, there are many charity organizations that do help according to your affordability. A psychiatrist is also at no cost, since she or he is a medical doctor with three years of psychology (at my last count). I wish you a wonderful season full of joy and peace. There is a lot of bad news internationally this season, but I am also mindful of how that only unites us globally. Be kind to someone this season and I do hope you find joy in this amazing world. Merry Christmas Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment