Monday 11 February 2013

Further to snow, snow, snow

     When I finally got the energy to go out to face the snow after writing more of my book, I was pleasantly surprised.  The huge mound of snow blocking my car was gone.  My sidewalk was clean and I only had to shovel around my car.  My neighbour came rushing from across the street to catch up with news.
     "Did you clear my snow?"  I asked.
     "Yes", he replied.  He was excited saying he did not use his snowblower in two years and he told me how many hours he worked.  It sounded like a lot.  My other neighbour from the other side of my house, was clearing the snow from my sidewalk and right around the snowbank on the street clearing all the snow.  I was in heaven.  I suggested we build a snowman but there were no takers.  Another neighbour who had used a shovel to clear his drive stopped and talked to me a bit.  His face was beet red and I feared for his health.  I know enough about the male ego, to know when to keep my opinions to myself.  This was one of those times.  My neighbour commented that our neighbours from the South was getting the worse of it.  I felt bad for my Southern neighbours.  They have had a horrible time of it in recent years.  I am always proud when Canadians go South to help.  We should always help our neighbours.
     It was nice catching up with the neighbours.  During the winter we rarely see each other as we remain hidden inside.  But this day in the aftermath of our storm, we remembered that as Canadians we should be able to play outside.  I tried, but no one wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment