Saturday 12 May 2012

Sutton, and a bit more of me

A few days ago I went to Sutton, Ontario with family, for a day outing.  I know someone there who has a house, that resembles a resort.  A good mystery story should be born there.  I have been to Sutton twice and always to visit the same people.  However this day we were given the grand tour and I must say Sutton is pretty.  We drove along the lake and sprinkled, for sale signs, facing the lake were everywhere.  It was explained to me that people put the houses up for sale in the spring to see how high a sale they can get for it.  For the right price, it is up for grabs.  I must admit prices are so low compared to Toronto and it is tempting, but I do have another two years of paper work to do and it may be difficult for my clients to follow me there.  They have no Go Train.  There is one in New Market but that is too far and New Market is not my cup of tea.  It looks too much like a suburb of Toronto.  I also couldn't find a coffee shop.  I could still see me living there, walking to the non existent Star Bucks.  Perhaps just regular coffee would do, but there was none.  There was a two story Vicery type house on the lake with huge windows.  You could see right through the windows, onto the windows, at the opposite far side.  This was my dream home, lots of windows and open concept, on the water.  Oh, how unaffordable!     However there is another side of Sutton that is only visible  by the empty shops.  I was informed that Sutton has rich people or poor.  I did not have to pause  to remark, that the middle class seems to be disappearing everywhere.  However, I don't believe that the middle class has disappeared in Sutton.  There are to many middle class homes to be seen.
     I stopped at Tack Town, a horse place that sells my lonely book.  It is at Hwy 48, # 24339.  Don't ask me how to get there, as I found it by accident.  I know it is close to Sutton.  The shops in Sutton have a blend of old and new, except the pharmacy, I walked into.  That seemed to be selling everything new.  You have to be careful if you shop there though.  I saw one item I bought at Bombay for sale at 9.99 being sold for 59.99.  I gave them out for Christmas gifts one year because I thought it was such a good deal.  I guess it was.  Anyway, if you get the chance to drive through this area which they call Georgina, it is worth it.
      It has been too beautiful to work hard and therefore,  I have been taking mini vacations when it is sunny.  Yesterday I worked a bit and than lay outside with one of my pets reading a good book.  I never got to finish it, but am planning to next week.  Tomorrow is mothers day.  To all mothers HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.   How are you spending your quality time?  Are you balancing your life?  What have you done that you consider fun or relaxing or re-energizing?  Are you tired of being tired?  What are you doing about your life?  What changes do you want to make?  Where do you see yourself three years down the road?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment