Tuesday 18 January 2022

#Market Place

I cannot believe it is mid January already. I am afraid I got a very bad cold or was it more, which is improving but I did have to go out and shovel in a blizzard yesterday just to clear the steps to the front sidewalk. Thankfully, my next door American neighbour did my sidewalk which I am very thankful for. I have always had a soft spot for my American neighbours. Today I recommend that People watch Market Place which you can find on utube because it talks alot about the scams going on and other serious concerns. The most recent one was by a guy named Alex I believe, who is supposed to be registered telling a producer that he is registered and her water tank needs to be replaced within the next six days on his authority. However, this water tank which was supposed to be dangerous was examined by a College Professor prior and it was found to be in good order. It was functioning properly. The Company that Alex works for has a government type name beginning with Ontario which victims have thought was actually government. Then hold and behold they did another examination of people being scammed for thousands of dollars and signing contracts for something which would cost about 250.00 to buy plus installation and they find they have a lien on their house again for thousands of dollars when they try to sell their homes. Market Place shows how easy this is to do and there is no follow-up with the homeowner. What was most disappointing was that they informed what was happening to the government who refused to see them. Really? Do we need to inform the government that they are elected officials voted in who can be voted out? When they refuse to speak to the media professionals working in our interests, they are acting like dictators. We need to be careful about that especially during these days. A previous show demonstrated how toxins in clothing is being allowed into the country from where else? China? This includes toxins in items for children. This is controlled in the States but not in Canada. Why? Because businesses police themselves here. Why am I interested in all this? Because it causes undo stress for people who have enough stress in this pandemic. NOt only do they feel betrayed by registered companies but also abandoned by their own government who they believe should be protecting them. It is disappointing for me to see people suffer needlessly because people are not doing their jobs. If people are registered and breach ethics, then they should be penalized and lose their license. We have a lot of work to do to help out our people and the first thing is to hold people accountable for scams and our government to start listening and do their jobs. Next week I shall continue to talk about ethics from my notes in grad school. Have a good week. Keep safe. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment