Sunday 6 November 2016

Busy, busy times with conferences etc......and hey come and buy a book, or say hello at York University

Well, I have been on a roll. I attended one business seminar, one conference day regarding different types of therapy with the American Association of Family Therapy, another annual conference with Spiritual care, including ethics and PTSD, at North York Hospital, and another at Adler's school of Psychology. It is a good thing I take notes. I will be taking or signing up soon for a two day event regarding suicide. It is held in the beginning of December which I think is very appropriate. They are having a seminar next year at Deerhurst and I really want to go because one speaker, a physician will be speaking about the benefits of music in the operating room for the patient. Next week should be my last busy week for this month. I love conferences, seminars etc....I get to meet interesting people, doing wonderful things for people. I get to learn the latest there is to offer. I get to reunite with old classmates and see how they are changing the lives of so many to live happier lives. I also got to spend Hallow'en giving out over a hundred treats again this year and spending time with friends on one on one. I am looking for a big tree for Christmas and have not quite found one that is pet safe. I really liked one at Lowe's and it was beautiful, but the chemicals would not be healthy for my chewing pets, or the possiblity of, so I will either put up my old one which is sturdy but a tad small in the room. There was another fair I went to geared for seniors, I almost forgot to mention. I am looking forward to slowing down and enjoying the Christmas season. This Tuesday I will be selling my books at York University, Showcase, Central Square from 0900 hrs. I always look forward to going there since the University was a very important part of my growth. I would recommend a psychology degree there for anyone. If you are in the area, drop by to say hello and or buy a signed book. This reminds me that I really need to find some time to get that third one done - so little left to do. If you have a question for me, do not hesitate to ask. If you need an appointment for therapy and or couple therapy, do not hesitate to contact me. So, if you are looking for a therapist, do some research. Is the person registered and accountable to by a regulated body? Do you feel comfortable with the therapist when you meet? It is ok if not, and then go to another. The tip for today? Are you living the life you want, or the life that others want for you? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment