Wednesday 18 March 2015

My second book is now all completed with a teaser about my third

Yesterday I completed checking for errors and reading my second book for the third time. I learned a lot since publishing "Hey Guy Buy Me". I read mostly out loud to catch more errors. At times a comma would be at the wrong place which would change the entire meaning. Words are beautiful. I love our language. We could do so much with words. The design of the cover is wonderful too. My first book I wrote simply for fun. My second book is historical and a biography at the same time. It is about me and my experiences. It is from my perspective as I journey on a rite of passage. You will be able to journey with me back in time, to the present. That is all I am saying about it for now. My objective now is to have a bit of fun, work a bit and then continue writing my third book. This time I hope to qualify for grants. I never seem to be able to qualify to get anything business wise or tax wise. Another thing I have learned about my writing is that I need to stay in the mood of what I am writing about when it comes to books. Sometimes, a thought will come and I want to integrate that into my book. I had to stop writing my third to concentrate on the development of the second. I had to get my mind back into that time span and that life, which is very different from how I live today. I do not work as hard, nor play as hard. I am more mature and less athletic (actually I sit all the time at work and at the computer typing which is more than I have ever done) to the point where I realize I should move more. That is why I would love to have a pool, write, see clients, walk to the falls and spend time with friends. However, moving from Toronto is difficult because everything is here. Seminars, education and all else for professional development is here. It is as simple as that. So, I need to do more research and think more because that is what I do. I have decided to continue with this blog. Hopefully, you will download my book when I am all completed with the process. Hopefully, you will contact me if you need counselling. And if not that is ok too. I plan to place all my notes of all my studies on this blog. Why not share all and then it is out there so I can rid of my notebooks. I am not a pack rat. I do not like to keep things that I do not need. I am forever putting things outside for someone else to pick up. I call that re-cycling. Information that I have but was handed out in classes, I organize into different disorders or psychotherapy methods I like to use or think of using in different folders. I have a lot of work to do within using different methods of organization to work better for me. I can no longer work on a sliding scale nor should I after six years of working for so little or nothing because of internships. However, I have not raised my fee and people have the option now of seeing me weekly, monthly or whenever they see fit. I have found that this works for them due to one particular insurance method. I am always growing and changing my methods to accomodate what works for clients. Nothing is rigid. If there is something you would like to do but have not, ask yourself why? Our life on this earth is so short; why keep yourself from doing what you want? Do you want to write a book? I find that when I have a table and am selling my book, quite a few approach me wanting to know how to start? Start by writing. Write down a thought and get it on a computer and begin. Write from your heart, from your soul. Just start and then continue until you are finished. Do it! What else have you been thinking of doing and think it is too late? Why? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment