Wednesday 4 February 2015

The Ontario College of Psychotherapy is now supposed to happen in the Spring and I cannot wait. However, people who are not qualified and others are in a panic. The College is to protect you.

I received another email about the fear of the College. I was even asked for financial support. That is not going to happen. Even though I have deleted, blocked etc......I still get emails of concern about the college. When I was studying Psychology in my undergrad, I was shocked as were many other students, when we were informed that anyone can put up a shingle and say we were therapists. A had a colleague of mine tell me that she went to check out a new business down the street from her recently where the owner was claiming to be a psychotherapist. She was also charging quite a sum of money. She was not surprised to find that though the establishment was very posh and sophisticated, the person had no qualifications. Those days are ending and they cannot come soon enough for me. As far as I am concerned everything nowadays should be regulated because there are so many scams nowadays. The public and myself included need to feel safe that when we do spend good money it is going to the person who is qualified whether that is a roofer, medical doctor, electrician etc........The days when one could have a trusting nature is over. So, please, do check out if your therapist is qualified and once the College is in place, everyone will be regulated and it will be much easier to determine if the person helping you should be doing so. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment