Tuesday 16 December 2014

It’s Christmas time. What are you doing?

I love to celebrate. Give me a reason and it’s a celebration. I love parties, people and socializing. This is what I have been doing all month. My lights are shining brightly outside. My Christmas decorations are all up. My presents are wrapped and many have been exchanged and I am still going. I opted for two celebrations over two seminars. This is my month for fun, fun and more fun. This is my time to see each and every person in my life who is important to me. This is my time to reach out to people I know in the rest of the world even if it is by a telephone call or card. This is when my balance is tipped for more pleasure. I love life and all that it offers. I appreciate each breath that I have. I have for most of my life belonged to one group or another in social and work settings. I believe we are all equal. Some have had more advantages or opportunities, some have had more wealth and some have been provided with more love than others. One of the precious things that many of us have is free will. Many of us live in a democratic society where there are opportunities. We have the choice to make decisions, to seek out help, to even go to a food bank if there is no food, when others in the world are starving, being tortured or being brutally killed. This Christmas why not examine what you do have in your life. Christmas can be a very sad time for some. Some people feel very much alone, abandoned by their families and society. Some have suffered tragic loss. This Christmas if you are feeling sad because of what life has thrown at you, do something about it. If you are being abused perhaps it is time to take action to have it stop. Go to a Crises Centre, or report it to the police. There is a lot of controversy regarding the police lately and I find it quite sad, because there are so many wonderful policewomen and men out there who volunteer and work with those who need them. If you are feeling suicidal please re-examine your opportunities. Even though you are feeling like you are in a deep pit, there is someone out there who does care about you. Go to your nearest crises centre and share how you are feeling. For you who are abused both men, women and children, there is help for you. This does not need to be your life. You can change it. Pick up the phone. This Christmas do something for yourself. This Christmas do something for another. Do not forget your elderly neighbour who has lost everyone near and dear to him or her. Even a small gift can make all the difference, the gift of a visit can be enough. This Christmas why not love someone including yourself. As I look up at the angel on my tree, I can hear a ring, is it possible that an angel just got her wings? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment