Friday 24 May 2013

I am getting my own office. Why not set up an appointment to see me?

      In my last blog, I said that I would post my paper on evolution.  For those who are interested you may find it in my previous blogs.  Just type out evolution and it should come up.  I have had ten readers so it does not seem to be of interest.  Oh well.  I am certainly not Madonna or Lady Gaga so ten is fine (my humour needs upgrading).

    I will now discuss the topic at hand.  As of 1Jun 13, I shall have my own office at the Medical Clinic, 2045 Dufferin Street, Suite A, Third floor.  This is at the East side of Dufferin Street, North of Rogers Road, which is between Eglinton and St Clair.  It is all rather exciting and of course a bit scary.  On 1st of  June, I shall drag two of my Staple's chairs which now adorn my living room and one small table to hold tissues.  A good cry is always good.  The small table I shall drag along, I bought from my neighbour at her garage sale.  I also have a table cloth that I think belonged to my mom and I decided to take.  I am not quite sure, but it hides the table well.  I am hoping to get my desk delivered on the same day, which cost me a fortune at Bombay on sale.  There are always the additional costs as well.  I have never had a nice desk before.  My desk is now worth more than my car (the side mirror fell off again).  Some women and men like shoes and heels.  I like looking at desks. I will no longer do that now.   I told the saleswomen who was so nice to me that the only desk I ever had and still have, was a gift from my parents when I was about her age.  She commented that it must have been a good desk to last so long.  Cute.  However, I am sure the desk is quite cheap, but it comes from my parents so I have a home for it.  I remember how happy they were when they brought it to me.  I made the mistake of placing a plant on it.  There is now a visible, protruding area.  So as I sat on a chair which cost a fortune on sale as well, I pondered if I could afford this desk.  Of course I cannot.  But, I did it.  I bought my beautiful desk and am as excited as one who buys her expensive prom dress.   I was advised by who I presume was the manager that I should buy the top glass for it as well.  I decided not to do that.  "You will indent it when you use it?"  I thought about it for two seconds and said, "Naw."
      Do I really need to spend a few more hundred dollars of glass to put on my beautiful desk?  Do I want to do that?  That is like placing plastic on a sofa.  No plants for this one.  I had actually already been at Staples that morning and spent a rediculous amount of money for a lateral filing cabinet.  They wanted to sell me more chairs from the internet.  I don't like buying from the internet unless it is books because I am never quite sure what I am getting.  He showed me a picture of what he was trying to sell me on sale, and later, I am sure I saw the same chairs being sold at Costco for half the price not on sale.  I went to Costco after Staples, to frame my Masters Degree to hang on the office wall.  It has been living rolled up as I got it, minus the ribbon and waxed stamp, in different areas such as my closet, top of my book cabinet.etc...  Anyhow, how is that for sales?  There should be a law regarding sales.  Is there any such thing anymore?
     The delightful woman at Bombay was giving me tips about ordering a printer on line and how to get a good deal.  I am afraid that the desk is the max of my over budget.  I know that starting a business is not very cost effective.  I am still using my tiny Sony Aspire One, which I bought for the sole purpose of saving time when working on my basic internship at a hospital.  Now that was a sale that cost me about twice the price when they were finished installing the software.  I am still using my Canon printer which works quite well.  I always buy Canon printers and cameras because they last a long time.  I am loyal to what lasts.  I would really love an Apple computer desk top for my beautiful desk but that is not going to pobably happen in my life time.  I will eventually buy a scanner. 
     After all this spending, I went to my "Happy Place."  I thought that since I was spending so much, why stop now?  Do you have a Happy Place?  If not, you should find one.  After taking one boyfriend there and him hating the noise and everything else he saw in it, I realized he was not for me.  How do you assess your men?
    As I sat at the Rainforest, next to the man holding the world in his hands, listening to the lightening, and watching the gorillas, I thought of what I was missing.  I was missing a beautiful chair for my desk.  I thought of all the time I have spent at the Rainforest.  It is a place I have been with family, with friends and with myself.  It is good times.  I thought of how comfortable my chair was and did not think about it before.  I wondered how it would look with my beautiful desk.  I thought of all the designer shows that I watch which tell you how to mix nice and old and different -  Hillary and Candace and the colour lady etc....  I thought that I had found the perfect chair!  Yes, I need a chair from the Rainforest.  What a befitting chair where memories are warm and wild.  I always thought that if I became rich, I would have a ceiling like theirs in my bedroom.  Of course I will not win the 30 millions this weekend.  I begged and pleaded to be able to buy the perfect chair, for me.  Only once before did I want to buy something from there in the restaurant, aside from the menu;  that is their plastic table covering.   That was my way of refurbishing my desk which my parents gave me.  That did not happen either.  The desk is still bare and bland.  How can I get my chair and table covering since I now recall the latter?  I have been a faithful customer of the Rainforest since I heard of it.  I fell head over heels.  I even continued to go when they got rid of my club sandwich.  I even continued to go when they got rid of my favourite veggie burger.  I will continue to go to the Rainforest regardless, but how nice it would be to take a bit of my "Happy Place" with me to my home, and a bit of it to my office.  Oh well!  If any of you know how, please, please, tell me!

      So, soon, I shall have my own office.  On the 7th of June I will be in my office probably all day waiting for Staples to deliver my filing cabinet.  Feel free to drop in on the 1st or 7th.  I will be very, very casual moving and getting organized.  There will be no other days to drop in without an appointment because I cannot stop counselling to greet visitors, but these two days if you wish to visit and see me trying to get organized please feel free to stop by.  If you are a relative or friend bring coffee and donuts.  I will have some of my books available to sell if you have not bought one.  No pressure.
     This is a special time for me.  This is where I open another door (hopefully it does not get stuck).  Hopefully all goes well.  The contract is signed by all parties and the furniture is bought, to get started anyhow.  I am hoping to provide group therapy as well.  I think there is enough space.  I will need a few more chairs for that later.  There are quite a few people experiencing grief and I am thinking of providing a service for small groups.  I want to supply the needs of the community.  Do you have a need for group therapy?  Let me know what it is so I can develop a file system and program for that.

     I want to thank you all for reading my blogs.  I started this because I was advised to get on the internet.  I didn't realize I would have fun writing to you.  United States of America, you are my biggest readership.  I so appreciate it and it is only befitting that New York and Disney World is my favourite place and your Banana Cream pie is the best!  Thank you.  Now I have to figure out how to get Toronto's attention to build up my practice.

     I was reading the March/April 2013 issue of Family Therapy (ok I am a bit behind in my reading).  I want to share some of the info.  Page 12 indicates that almost 80% of Americans use the internet.  15% maintain a blog.  Another tid bit on page 13, indicates that "a university education is generally worth about 12 percent more core confidents, and women have about 15 percent more close relationships than men."...."Bloggers were almost 50 percent more likely to have a non-kin core tie in their closest social relationships."  This part surprised me on page 14, "Bloggers go to church more, volunteer more, and are more frequent visitors to public spaces."
    
     So, remember coffee (black) and donuts (boston cream is sooooooooooo good!)
      What???? I am supposed to supply the stuff?  Who said that?  My coffee pot is too small.
      What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment