Tuesday 27 February 2024

From The Men's Conference -Male Victims of Domestic Violence: Exploring their experiences of Fear by Prof. E. Bates, University of Cumbria, UK.

Male Victims of Domestic Violence: Exploring their experiences of Fear by Prof. E. Bates, University of Cumbria, UK. Tid bits at the end about other stuff. Ending Intimate Partner Violence - Men’s Work by Luke Daniels. President Caribbean Labour Solidarity. Author of Pulling the Punches - Defeating Domestic Violence and Ending Domestic Violence in the Americas - Men’s Work. He began work, one year after the Montreal Massacre. One to three women experience violence in their life. Perpetrators - have been hit as children; witnessed ultimate partner violence; have sexist attitude; and have been socialized to be violent. We need to end socialization for violence. He wrote about South American violence against women. For him the top of the list is violence against children. Sweden has gained stride. Japan has less violence. 2% have used gun violence. The United States is higher because of their right to be armed. In his book, he writes about men taking responsibility. Families and men have a role to end intimate violence. In most countries, women are the victims. Violence against women increase during war and veterans return and incur violence against women. The men who caused the most violence had sustained the most violence themselves. Most perpetrators do not accept responsibility but blame “her.” More work is required for prevention. Government needs to fund more for both women and men. Violence against women and girls are no longer accepted in most countries. Iran and Afghanistan forces women to wear their veils. He suggests actions for governments to end violence. Outlaw violence against children. End gender inequality. Countries who are working in protecting children have seen a decrease in violence. I hope this makes sense for you. I am missing one page - so sorry. There was one male participant from Canada who argued with what he was hearing because he likes to believe that men are suffering more abuse at the hands of women. Of course this is not the case. People have a tendacy to make sense of their world by their own experiences and that is why research is so important. We need to step back. In my earlier blogs, I will have notes about research and how it is conducted if you want to brush up. I have received the suicide prevention video and notes but cannot share it with you. The site won't let me do that and I understand since it was designed for therapists only. I also have received the video about eating disorders which I attended. If I can share that with you, I shall do so. I haven't really looked at it yet. I want to post all my notes from the men's conference, while I can still read my own writing. Of course I also want to complete my notes for you regarding Eschatology. I shall also be receiving my new book either this week or next. I have ordered two hundred and am so excited. Anyhow, I will catch up with you soon. I shall be selling my books one day this week at a health fair, (too bad my latest books hasn't arrived). I also accepted another "up and close with your local author". Well is Toronto close enough for Mississauga for Aug 25? I am always grateful when I am invited for a signing event. Remember, if you are in the Toronto area, I will happily respond for an event and opportunity to showcase my books. I am available. I am also available for health fairs. You know, I also want to paint a bit and not landscapes but my walls. I would hire someone but I cannot with Mr Attitude. Yes, he is still alive. Anyhow, let's talk later. You know, you can leave me a note, or ask a question. what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment